Friday, March 20, 2015

Simple Rich & Moist Chocolate Cake

As am typing this, am also enjoying my wonderful chocolate cake which is by the way is very rich,moist and super delicious as my 4 year daughter Adilah would  say..and the best part of it it is very simple and easy to bake it.


I love chocolate in any form so a rich chocolate cake is just another luxurious indulgence if I may say so. I am passionate about my desserts , I am very cautious when I prepare them. Some of them have some much details and take so much of my time but by the end of the day every minute and every ounce is just worth it. 

I eat my chocolate cake like there is no tomorrow and then every morning I stand on that bathroom scale to check my weight hoping and praying that I have not gain a single ounce. If I could, I would have baked this cake as many times as I could but I have to play the safe game with my health although I do look for every opportunity to bake it. 

So last weekend I had a potential client coming over for cake&dessert tasting for their upcoming event, amongst the few samples I made; my favorite chocolate cake was definitely a winner. The recipe produces 2 8" cakes so I reserved one for a rainy day..and I could wait to get a chance and attack. The whole week I was trying to think of some new chocolate flavors that would pair well.I have done so many variations and I was trying to find something totally new and awesome. 

Well, to say the least I with so much planning I got so busy that I never had the chance to go grocery shopping this week at all and I decided to settle with some leftovers that I had in my refrigerator. I had enough to make another 2 8" chocolate cakes and was also delighted that I could make a video coz sometimes its just impossible to record a video with kids at home.

So now, let me show you how to make this gorgeous cake that will make you go crazy.






Ingredients:

1 3/4 cup All purpose flour
3/4 cup Cocoa Powder ( I used Hersheys)
2 cups sugar
2 tspn Baking Soda
1 tspn Baking Powder
1/4 tspn Salt
2 tspn Cinammon Powder
2 large eggs
1 cup Buttermilk
1/2 Cup vegetable oil
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Cup hot Coffee

Method:

Preheat oven to 350F, and prepare 2 8" round pan with parchment paper or spread butter evenly and dust with cocoa powder.

Place all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Run the mixer for 1 minute to combine all the ingredients.

Combine and all the wet ingredients together except coffee.

Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredienst and mix well for about 3 minutes ( do not over mix)

Add hot coffee and mix well, stop the mixer and scrape the bowl to ensure all the ingredients are well combined and mix for 1 minute.

Divide the batter equally into 2 pans and bake for 25-30 minutes or untill done ( insert a toothpick to check )

Once its done, cool and enjoy with your favourite butter cream or frosting







No comments:

Post a Comment