Sunday, December 28, 2014

Butter Chicken




Any one who knows me better will tell you the love affair between me and the Butter Chicken, it is one of favorite Indian dishes ( No 1 is Hydrabadi Biriani;) . 

I must say this dish took forever to get it right. All recipes I came across did not
seem next to perfect.

The first recipe given to me was by a friend's mother in Dubai sometime in 1990's and ever since then I used the base and tried to mix with or alter it with other recipes but all in vain...guess what I never gave up.
Believe me when I tell you that I have had recipes that had one hell of tomatoes and all I could taste was the acidity from the tomatoes....
About two years ago while looking for Hydrabadi Biriani which is another story of its own....I finally found a wonderful recipe for this dish that I love so much and yet I did make some changes too...after trying so many recipes I found some ingredient was missing or extra on every recipe, so I compiled the ones I wanted in short this recipe is inspired by Chef Vah Reh Vah

I must say that most recipes that I tried or just browse thru had had the same ingredients but the key here is the method tor technique if you want to call it that makes a whole lot of difference. I prefer to use the Tandoori masala coz it eliminates alot of other spices that I do not have and I don't want to purchase them just because of this one dish. I posted this dish in one of the facebook cooking group and one of the member asked me what it was, and I mentioned that it was Butter Chicken, and she goes wow, I love it but I have never made one coz I heard it has 30 ingredients.!!!! so of coz I extended mine which has about 15 ingredients lol ;)


Now grab your pencil and paper for the ingrediensts

Tandoori Masala - I like the brand Rajah
Lemon 1 
Salt 1 tsp
Cashew nuts - 1/4 cup
Cummin seeds - 2 tspn
Fresh garlic - 1 Tbls
Coriander powder - 1 Tbls
Garam Masala - 1 Tbls
White Onions - 01 
Fresh tomatoes (6 pcs) or crushed tomatoes/ canned diced tomatoes 
Fresh cream or whipping cream/half and half 1/4 cup
Chicken - 1 boneless breast
cooking oil -2 Tbls
Butter 2 Tbls





Please click on the video below for the method


































No comments:

Post a Comment