Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Blueberry Sauce ( Served with Pancakes)

Spring is my favorite season not only because of the beautiful flowers that I see around but for me its mostly the fruits, the berries specifically. I go crazy every time I go to the store and see so much of fresh berries and of course I always pick as much as I could. I make compotes, jams and sauces for my wonderful desserts and breakfast too. Today I am making blueberry sauce , this sauce is so much loved in my home that it will be gone before I have had any with my Vanilla Ice cream.
This sauce is busting with flavors and the citric aromas with vanilla will drive you crazy!




Ingredients:

2 pounds fresh Blueberries
1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1/2 cup sugar ( you can add more if the berries are sour)
1 Tbls corn starch
1 Tbls lemon or orange zest
1/2 tspn vanilla


Method:

Place a heavy sauce pan on low heat , place orange juice and sugar let it simmer and melt

Mix 2 Tbls orange juice and corn starch and pour it into the simmering orange jiuce, zest and vanilla

Let the mixture simmer  for about 5 minutes so the corn starch is cooked.

Rinse and strain the berries

Add the berries to the orange juice mixture, increase the heat to medium high and bring it to the boil.

Drop the heat low, and cook uncovered for about 5 minutes.

Serve it with your favorite dessert, ice cream or pancakes as I did!


No comments:

Post a Comment