Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Light and Fluffy Cream Cheese Buttercream/Icing


This Cream Cheese Buttercream is what I call the ultimate indulgence to you red velvet cake, carrot cake , any sponge cake with fruits and you will know what I am talking about once you give it try.

I have been looking for a perfect cream Cheese icing for quite sometime, I have done so many recipes they were either too sweet or the cream cheese was way too much that the cake would slide off between the layers. I have not had it too light coz the sugar always managed to held it together and that's the sugar part I cannot stand as far as my palate is concerned.

What am sharing with you is going to balance all those elements, its very light and it holds well without having too much sugar. The ratio of butter and cream cheese is every important in this recipe. Its very easy to work with , it spreads well and holds well for piping rosettes that was what I wanted to do but unfortunately I did not get a good picture of the cake the other that I made. 


Please ensure the butter and cream cheese are at room temperature, and the heavy whipping cream cold.


Method:








In a large mixing bowl of hand electric mixer or stand mixer; place the powdered sugar and the soft butter cut in small cubes. 

Use the whip attachment mix and combine the two until you get the crumb texture

Add the cream cheese, whip on slow speed for about 2 minutes( Add Vanilla)  and increase the speed and let it whip for about 3 minutes until its light and fluffy. 

Decrease the speed and add the heavy whipping cream , increase the speed and whip for about 2 minutes

Ingredients:

2 Cups confectionery sugar
1 Cup soft butter ( 2 sticks)
3 packets cream cheese ( 8 oz per packet)
1/4 cup cold heavy whipping cream
Vanilla


No comments:

Post a Comment