Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes (with Blueberry Sauce)

I usually prepare brunch on Sunday mornings but this time I decided to make it on Saturday simply because  I plan to make heavy lunch  on Sunday and my brunch is not complete without these yummy and fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes and with the  blueberry sauce....mmhhh its to die for as my eldest daughter Alisha would say! I am not so much of a pancake fan but I dont miss to eat these !! and its always a double recipe coz my kids love them and they are easy and quick to make. They are also great to freeze if you are lucky to have any leftovers. 


So today I had alot of help, Alisha finished cooking the rest of the pancakes, my son Abdul (6 yrs old) helped with the bacon and hot dogs, his favorite. Adilah my youngest ( 4 yrs) did a beautiful smoothie. So you can imagine how crowded my kitchen is but I am not complaining and of course my husband helped to eat!!! Oh well, that's the truth!! so let me not hold you too long for this wonderful recipe.





Ingredients:

1 cup All Purpose flour
1 cup butter milk*
2 Tbls melted butter
1 egg
2 Tbls sugar
1 1/2 tspn baking powder
1 tspn baking soda
1/4 tspn salt




Method:

Sift flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt

Melt butter, add sugar mix well

Add the egg, combine

Add the flour mixture to the butter and egg mixture, combine

Add buttermilk and mix well but do not over mix, you will have some lumps in your batter, its OK

Let the batter rest for 5 minutes before you cook the pan cakes.

Use any pan of your choice on medium heat, use a ladle to pour the batter into the pan.

Let it cook for about 2-4 minutes until you have bubble starting to emerge

Flip the pan cake on the other side and cook for about 3 mins and thats it.

Serve hot or warm, plain or with butter, honey, syrup or my favorite Blueberry sauce...video below here.....



No comments:

Post a Comment