Friday, January 9, 2015

Garlic Spinach Potatoes


These are my favorite potatoes especially when I am entertaining a large crowd , they bust with so much flavour  and guess what?? they are so very easy to prepare and very economical. I stumbled on this recipe in a spice magazine about 6 years ago and ever since it has become on of my family's favorite and not to mention when I am running out of time and ideas..besides spinach has found a permanent residence in my refrigerator!!! and you will see why. 
These potatoes original name was actually 'Spicy Herb Potatoes' and the recipe had called for arugula and alot of paprika. I adjusted it with spinach and alot of garlic thats another favorite of mine. I would usually pair them with fish, plenty of salad  and vegetables . Its very difficult to pen down precise measurements for a dish like this, most of the time I just throw in ingredient, so dont be so uptight take it easy and be generous with spinach and garlic ...and did I mention Cilanto!!!...no harm ;)

  

Without any delay lets start ;

Ingredients:

Red potatoes 2 lb
Bag of baby spinach (9oz) or more
Cilantro 1 bunch
Garlic cloves - 10 to 15
Olive Oil 4 Tbls
Salt 1 tspn
Paprika 1 tspn
Black pepper 1 tpsn
Cumin Powder 1 Tbls



Wash and cut the potatoes into quarters or equal sizes, if you are using smaller ones , its not necessary to cut them
Boil the potatoes just enough to get them cooked...DO NOT OVER COOK!!!









Wash cilantro and peel the garlic cloves
Place the spinach, cilanto, garlic,cumin powder,paprika,salt and black pepper in a food processor with 2 Tbls olive oil
 
Pulse once or twice
In a large sauce pan use the remaining 2 Tbls olive oil and saute the mixture for abou 5 mins on medium low without burning the garlic
Drain the potatoes and add them to the spinach 
Toss to coat well, cook for about 3 mins
Serve with your favorite protein and veggies.....Bon appetite!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment